Maverick Viñales has taken his maiden pole position in MotoGP for the 2017 Qatar Grand Prix, thanks to his lap during the practices sessions and not the qualifying that has not taken place because of rain.
After the big storm over the night, the Losail track has dry out and that was postponing the qualifying sessions that finally never took place.
So the organization decided to cancel all the qualifying sessions, increase in 10 minutes the warm-up for tomorrow and set as the starting grid the results of the practices sessions.
That means that Maverick Viñales will start for first from the pole position, ahead of Suzuki’s of Andrea Iannone and the Honda of Marc Márquez completing the first row.
The best rookie starter will be the 2-times Moto2 world champion, Johan Zarco from fourth position, ahead of Andrea Dovizioso and the British Scott Redding.
- Maverick Viñales(Movistar Yamaha MotoGP): 1’54.316
- Andrea Iannone(Team Suzuki Ecstar): +0.532
- Marc Márquez(Repsol Honda Team): +0.596
- Johann Zarco(Monster Yamaha Tech 3): +0.692
- Andrea Dovizioso(Ducati Team): +0.726
- Scott Redding(Octo Pramac Racing): +0.769
- Dani Pedrosa(Repsol Honda Team): +0.797
- Jonas Folger(Monster Yamaha Tech 3). +0.892
- Cal Crutchlow(LCR Honda): +0.895
- Valentino Rossi(Movistar Yamaha MotoGP): +1.098
- Danilo Petrucci(Octo Pramac Racing): +1.119
- Jorge Lorenzo(Ducati Team): +1.145
- Álvaro Bautista(Pull&Bear Aspar Team): +1.265
- Loris Baz(Reale Avintia Racing): +1.308
- Aleix Espargaró(Aprilia Racing Team Gresini): +1.318
- Jack Miller(EG 0,0 Marc VDS): +1.643
- Karel Abraham(Pull&Bear Aspar Team): +1.687
- Álex Rins(Team Suzuki Ecstar): +1.863
- Tito Rabat(EG 0,0 Marc VDS): +2.052
- Héctor Barberá(Reale Avintia Racing): +2.409
- Sam Lowes(Aprilia Racing Team Gresini): +2.538
- Pol Espargaró(Red Bull KTM Factory Racing): +2.800
- Bradley Smith(Red Bull KTM Factory Racing): +3.338