F1 Nation was back this week, with an episode that had plenty of content to discuss, from 70th anniversary to the silly season madness, with career changes for countless drivers as Rubens Barrichello and Guenther Steiner joined in.
- As is typical of the F1 Nation podcast, it began with weekly highlights from the two hosts Tom Clarkson and Alex Jacques as after this, they moved on to the inevitable discussion about the silly season action.
- It then cut to Barrichello talking to Clarkson about his personal experience going through the gates at Maranello as a driver, this being an experience Carlos Sainz has ahead of him after this week’s drama.
- Clarkson and Jacques then analysed the move, and what it means for Sainz, with the help of F1.com’s Lawrence Barretto. The trio discussed the topic of Sainz’s switch, and his career, in-depth, and spoke about the signs of a ‘new’ Ferrari, that is open to the idea of young drivers.
- One topic that heeded less debate was Daniel Ricciardo’s switch to McLaren, which all three felt was a no-brainer decision to make.
- Interestingly, Clarkson shared a story from November, in which Ricciardo approached him, talking about how incredible McLaren and Andreas Seidl have been – Barretto had similar stories to tell, which signaled that the Australian has been eyeing McLaren for quite some time.
- Speculation followed about what particularly unraveled between Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel, where the three guessed that the German saw Leclerc coming and didn’t see a future for himself. They also discussed about his future of the four-time champion.
- They joked with Steiner regarding Vettel coming in as the Italian expanded on the happenings at Haas, where he discussed about his team and drivers.
- The talked shifted to 2020 start and if Haas can survive this period, where Steiner reckoned that if they don’t have a F1 season, they will end up saving more than if they go racing for few rounds.
- Steiner then explained why he doesn’t watch the Drive to Survive = despite his Netflix heroics as he doesn’t to be conscious about it.
- The podcast ended with Challenge Rosanna with Esteban Gutierrez, where she was asked to have the Mexican state ‘What was that?’, from his crash against Pastor Maldonado. They also talked about the ESports scene and also the current happenings where he said he knew Vettel would leave Ferrari eventually.
Here’s the link of the F1 Nation podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzUwMjQzOTYucnNz/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvYm9vbS5jb20sMjAyMC0wNS0xNTovcG9zdHMvNzU4MjU3MQ?hl=en-IN&ved=2ahUKEwjZmOeX0rjpAhVRjeYKHa3PDnoQieUEegQIBhAE&ep=6
Here’s the last episode of F1 Nation
Here’s the Beyond The Grid podcast with Martin Brundle