Charles Leclerc kept Ferrari on top in a wet FP3 session in F1 Singapore GP with Carlos Sainz third behind Max Verstappen.

The start of FP3 session in F1 Singapore GP was delayed due to heavy rain around Marina Bay circuit. The session started on time but the pitlane remained closed as the FIA assessed the situation before giving a green light for everyone to run on inters.

The track conditions remained greasy and damp as the drivers took the circuit to get some laps under their belt in case qualifying remains wet. Despite such conditions, there were not many mishaps apart from off-moments for both the Williams drivers.

In fact, Nicholas Latifi complained about the steering wheel not working the way he would have liked. There was also an unsafe release investigation for Haas’ Mick Schumacher after the team released him with lose tyres which they spotted very quickly.

Ferrari kept themselves in the hunt with Charles Leclerc setting the pace with a 1m57.782s lap as teammate Carlos Sainz was third behind Red Bull’s Max Verstappen. Alpine had a good run with Fernando Alonso ending up fourth.

He dropped Red Bull’s Sergio Perez to fifth after a late lap, as Aston Martin continued its good run with Lance Stroll in sixth while teammate Sebastian Vettel popped up in eighth – both setting a late lap on improving conditions.

Alpine’s Esteban Ocon maintained his pace in seventh, as Mercedes’ George Russell was ninth and McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo in 10th. There was a late moment for the Brit as teammate Lewis Hamilton only managed 12th due to warm-up issues.

Haas’ Kevin Magnussen was 11th as AlphaTauri’s Pierre Gasly was 13th where he also had a moment just after the session ended. Haas’ Schumacher ended up 14th from AlphaTauri’s Yuki Tsunoda, who barely missed the wall into the right-hander.

McLaren’s Lando Norris was 16th from Williams’ Albon, Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas & Zhou Guanyu and Williams’ Nicholas Latifi to round out the 20 runners.

Here’s what was said after Friday in F1 Singapore GP