F1 TV will have a big upgrade to its system for the 2021 season, which includes Chromecast option, as it adds three new countries.
Ever since the launch of F1 TV under Liberty Media, even though it has enhanced the viewing of many fans, there has been issues every year which leaves a bad taste in the eyes of the subscribers. For 2021, though, they are upgrading their system.
Dubbed as the biggest since the launch, the latest version of F1 TV will focus on performance and quality along with improved user experience. They have taken the help of Accenture’s Industry X group, Accenture Video Solution and AWS Products & Services.
The improvements on F1 TV includes:
- Enhanced technology – The new version focuses on performance and quality; users will now be able to enjoy streaming video at 1080p at 50fps for the first time – ideal for watching fast moving action.
- Cast to TVs – Users will be able to cast F1 TV using Chromecast and AirPlay (iOS) – enjoying live and on-demand F1 content on their TV.
- Improved player controls – Users now have full control over the live stream; play, pause or rewind to watch that overtake again, across every channel, including On-board Cameras.
- Improved channel switching – An improved interface allows users to easily switch between F1 TV’s multiple additional streams: Pit Lane Channel, Data Channel, Driver Tracker and Onboard Cameras.
- Improved user interface – A new, modern interface will allow users to easily browse and search F1 TV’s archive content, as well as F1’s exclusive series and documentaries.
For 2021, F1 TV will continue to broadcast all the races and will also broadcast the three days of pre-season test action from Bahrain. In addition to the 82 countries, it will be available in Brazil, Slovakia and Czech Republic for this year onward.
The new version of F1 TV is already online, while the upgrades will be rolled out gradually on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablet devices and Roku in the first half of the season. For Apple TV, Android TV devices and Amazon Fire TV, the product is in development and will also be launched later this year.
“We are delighted to be relaunching F1 TV ahead of the new season, with several upgraded features that will improve fans’ experience of the product and make our extensive collection of archive footage easier to watch than ever before,” said Ian Holmes. “Accenture have helped us take F1 TV to the next level and I’m very excited to see how it develops in the future as we continue to provide fans with more ways than ever to watch F1.”
Here’s full list of countries for F1 TV availability:
ARGENTINA, ANGOLA, ANGUILLA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA, ARUBA, AUSTRIA, AZERBAIJAN, BAHAMAS, BARBADOS, BELGIUM, BOSNIA, BOTSWANA, BRAZIL, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, BULGARIA, CARIBBEAN NETHERLANDS, CANADA, CAYMAN ISLANDS, CHILE, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CURAÇAO, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DOMINICA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, ESTONIA, FRANCE, GHANA, GREECE, GRENADA, GUADELOUPE, GUATEMALA, HAITI, HONDURAS, HUNGARY, ICELAND, JAMAICA, KENYA, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MARTINIQUE, MEXICO, MONACO, MONTSERRAT, MOZAMBIQUE, NAMIBIA, NETHERLANDS, NICARAGUA, NIGERIA, NORWAY, PARAGUAY, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAINT BARTHÉLEMY, SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS, SAINT LUCIA, SAINT MARTIN, SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES, SERBIA, SINT MAARTEN, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, UGANDA, UKRAINE, UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS, URUGUAY, USA, VENEZUELA, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE.
Here’s F1 TV schedule for pre-season test: https://f1tv.formula1.com/page/1532/formula-1-aramco-pre-season-testing-2021
Here’s news on F1 safety car and medical car
Here’s list of sponsors for F1 and 10 teams both
Here’s how they stacked up in F1 2020
Here’s Pramac MotoGP team sponsoring in F1
Here’s trailer of Netflix Drive to Survive, Sky’s pre-season schedule