Damon Hill features on F1 Nation podcast as he opens up on Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas title fight, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso and more.
- The most recent installment of the F1 Nation opened with discussion about the hosts’ respective whereabouts – something that is now finally worth talking about after many months of quarantine.
- While Alex Jacques was still at home, his co-host Tom Clarkson was set up in a hotel high up in the Styrian mountains. After covering this, the conversation shifted to the Styrian GP, as they reviewed the second of the two races at the Red Bull Ring.
- The former highlighted the pace of Lewis Hamilton, while the latter recounted his story of commentating on Saturday – something made painful as he had previously eaten a big lunch, of course based on the assumption that the day would be rained out.
- Jacques also joked about the F2 podium celebrations, before Clarkson spoke on the performance of George Russell, as well as his future.
- The show’s sole host – Damon Hill – then joined the conversation, which, in the moments that followed his introduction, switched to the topic of qualifying.
- Hill analysed the session, speaking initially on how the rain affected the session, before discussing the best performances and what that stellar lap says about Hamilton’s future.
- Then, focusing on the upcoming F1 race in Hungary, Hill speculated that Red Bull Racing will be more competitive at the Hungaroring; he also discussed the chance of a championship battle between Valtteri Bottas and Hamilton – something he finds unlikely. He feels that the Finn has to put pressure on the Brit for any chance of winning.
- The 1996 F1 champion then discussed Fernando Alonso’s return to the sport, and what this might mean.
- On a similar note, Hill theorized that Vettel is stuck in his current situation due to the fact that he didn’t properly read the signs of what was going on within Ferrari – he added that the German failed to make himself a ‘personality’ like many of his fellow drivers such as Lando Norris have.
- The podcast – shorter than many of the other installments – ended with Hill discussing what to expect in Hungary, and whether or not we may see a shuffling of the order.
Here’s the link of the F1 Nation podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzUwMjQzOTYucnNz/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvYm9vbS5jb20sMjAyMC0wNy0xMzovcG9zdHMvNzYzMTMwOQ?hl=en-IN&ved=2ahUKEwibsdqi-s7qAhVR_XMBHYNdCYQQieUEegQIBxAE&ep=6
Here’s the last episode of F1 Nation
Here’s the last F1 Beyond The Grid podcast with Michael Masi