The new F1 Nation podcast had Renault’s Daniel Ricciardo as the prime personality to be interviewed as Davide Valsecchi also joined to share his views.
- If by now you’re unaware of the drill, each F1 Nation podcast begins with weekly highlights from the hosts Tom Clarkson and Alex Jacques.
- This week, the former’s highlight was watching Charles Leclerc drive through Maranello, whereas the latter’s was watching television programming.
- After some more banter, the king of banter in the paddock – Renault’s Ricciardo – joined the discussion, to chat initially about his lockdown time, and specifically, the vehicles he’s driven on his farm.
- Ricciardo talked about his test with Renaut’s R.S.18 as well, with the Aussie saying that driving the slower 2-year-old car at Austria shows how fast the sport evolves and the cars develop.
- After this, he speculated that those without testing might be more rusty – he also predicted that drivers will brag about their respective F2 physical gains in quarantine.
- The obligatory chat about his move to McLaren ensued, with Ricciardo explaining why he chose to take Carlos Sainz’s seat at the team so quickly, as well as why he opted to make the switch.
- There was also a conversation about his excitement to partner Lando Norris in 2021, a teammate he feels that he can build with as he did with Max Verstappen.
- The hosts then noted the F1 Rewind race replay to come this weekend, before welcoming Davide Valsecchi to the show.
- The commentator spoke on how his lockdown has been initially, before diving into the possibility of a race at Mugello – something he says drivers should fear.
- Additionally, he talked about Sebastian Vettel’s departure, and tipped Leclerc to be the Italian outfit’s new Michael Schumacher.
- Interestingly, he predicted that with the other Ferrari junior drivers climbing the ranks, Antonio Giovinazzi will have to beat Kimi Raikkonen to hold on to his seat.
- On this note, he discussed who of the young stars might take the cake in F2 this year.
- Then came the mailbag segment, with Rosanna Tennant joining the chat to ask the questions. The first was related to the potential of a race at Algarve – something that TC finds highly likely, and the second, about races they’d like to see this year in general terms.
- Some of the tracks thrown out by the hosts included Mugello, Imola, and even Istanbul park, solely for Turn 8. They shifted through some more fan questions, before getting to Challenge Rosanna, and in what was a hilariously rigged quiz, Tennant won.
Here’s the link of the F1 Nation podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzUwMjQzOTYucnNz/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvYm9vbS5jb20sMjAyMC0wNi0xODovcG9zdHMvNzYxMTM0MA?hl=en-IN&ved=2ahUKEwi4u_Ws-pLqAhVVxzgGHZ64AukQieUEegQICRAE&ep=6
Here’s the last episode of F1 Nation
Here’s the last F1 Beyond The Grid podcast with Alessandro Zanardi