The new update patch on the 2020 F1 game has several changes which includes performance dip for Ferrari cars as Robert Kubica reflects on first DTM podium.
The latest update patch by Codemasters on the 2020 F1 game has several changes undertaken which includes the performance rebalance for the Ferrari-powered cars and also Racing Point, seeing how the real life championship is panning out to be.
With the engine deficit, not just the two Ferrari cars but the performances of Alfa Romeo Racing and also Haas has dipped a bit which has been adjusted in the 2020 F1 game, although, they cannot make it same as it is in the real life.
At the same time, they have increased the performance of Racing Point. They added that the ‘My Team Power Unit’ selection stats and prices remains the same, so that there is no unfair balance for any player. Apart from these there were few other changes:
- Livery updates for Ferrari and Red Bull
- Team-wear updates for Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren
- Fixed an exploit in time trial and events caused by entering and fast-forwarding an instant replay
- Fixed an issue that caused a colour mis-match between sponsors on suits, helmets and car liveries on PS4 Pro
- Fixed an issue that caused the McLaren race-suit to appear broken for the player character in Driver Career
- Fixed a progression issue in My Team
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer that allowed the player to start a flying lap in qualifying when there is not enough time left in the session
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer that stopped corner-cutting penalties being applied when quitting and re-joining a race after a formation lap
- Improved texture quality on several customisation items
- Addressed an FPS issue when re-joining a race
- Title stability improvements
Robert Kubica scores first DTM podium:
Alfa Romeo F1 reserve and ART BMW driver, Kubica, registered his first-ever podium in DTM in Race 2 at Zolder on Sunday after finishing third. The Polish racer has had a difficult campaign in the touring car championship in a privately run outfit.
In the eight rounds so far, Kubica has only one points finish at Assen before his podium at Zolder. He started 10th and immediately made progress to be sixth in Race 2, taking advantage of mishaps from others. He went long in his first stint and had track position.
Even though he joined outside the Top 3 after his pit stop, Kubica made up the places to eventually finish third – the best of BMW drivers’. The German manufacturer hasn’t had the season they would have hoped for against Audi, with just the two wins.
“This is a great moment for the entire ART Grand Prix Team after a difficult season,” said Kubica. “We had a lot to learn and needed to improve in many areas. Everything worked really well. We managed to steer clear of all the problems and took our chances.
“We had really good pace in the decisive stages of the race. The tyres were an important factor today, so I didn’t push too hard after my pit stop and tried to keep them alive. I was able to build up a lead over the cars behind me and get home in third place.”
Here’s how Round 1 of 2020 F1 ESports panned out